Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Butterfly Farm


On Friday we went to a lot of touristy places. The first place we went to was the Butterfly farm. This place was really beautiful, but it was anticlimactic compared to the Night Safari the night before. They had rows and rows of hanging orchids; the roots dangled two feet below in the open air. The butterflies were kinda cool, but seeing butterflies out in the open is more exciting than seeing them in a cage...that is all butterflies except these monster butterflies. They were huge!...and disgusting. They looked like a tarantula with wings.

The coolest part of the place was their gift shop. They took the actual butterfly wings or orchid petals and put them in lacquer and then made necklaces and earrings. They were awesome! I definitely think I am going to get some before I leave. If anyone wants me to get them a set I'd be more than happy to do so...

0 comments: