Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maejo University


After staying at the Baan Thai hotel for a week it was time to move in with my host family and start teaching, but…oh no! A change of plans. I guess the school with my host family isn’t ready for the English teachers yet, so I have been sent to live with the other BYU students in the dorms at Maejo University and I will be teaching around here for two weeks. After the two weeks we will go and live with our host families and teach at the other school. The president of Maejo University graduated from Oklahoma University and decided to make the mascot of his Thai university reflect the hero of the American west: the cowboy. It is the funniest thing to see old west icons mixed with a traditional and modern Thai culture, but I love it here and I am excited the next couple weeks.

0 comments: