Friday, June 20, 2008

Quest to the Waterfall


Our group took a detour during our hill tribe trip to hike through a jungle and find a waterfall. The hike led us to super tall rounded trees cover with thick leaves and moss. They looked like giant green statues. The large vines that were draped through thick branches reminded me of streamers at a birthday party. We saw a large pool filled with clear turquoise water. Sun beams that broke through the jungle canopy mixed with humid mist cast a magical aura throughout woods. Exotic flowers caught light in their waxy petals giving off the illusion that they were glowing. Large colorful spiders sat contently on their sparkling webs. Dejavu. I've been here before...but when? And then I remembered. This is the place my backyard turned into when I was a little girl.

0 comments: